My Account

Each notary applicant must register and may complete one application per user account.

Featured Product

Welcome, Guest
The Office of Notary Public
  • Page:

TOPIC: various questions

various questions 6 months 3 weeks ago #1905

Can a signer introduce a witness to a document? (My guess would be, not best practice at least, and maybe no.)
Can a witness introduce a signer? (If disinterested, maybe??)
If a signer or witness is identified by ID, but the ID does not exactly match the name, could a witness be used AS WELL?
How would you define credible witness? Could a credible witness be a relative? What about in the situation above? (with the ID not matching exactly.)
Where the notary writes the signer's name in the certificate, should that name match the name in the document?
I think this has been answered, but does the affiant write their own name in the "I, _______, do solemnly swear part" of the affidavit? And, if so, does it matter what name they write there, or can the notary direct them on that? Or would that be a part of the document rather than the certificate so the notary couldn't say?? If the notary could direct them, would the name need to appear as it appears in the document?

Thanks in advance for any answer(s). If anyone wanted to go to the trouble of providing sources, that would also be much appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:

Replies in Topic: various questions

various questions Raz Mizuki 6 months 3 weeks ago
various questions Emily GIlchrist 6 months 3 weeks ago